Where the standard of life and I go at it - and sometimes I determine there is no standard and I have to create one. Still, it's my ramblings to the one and only: Standard.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

One digit shorter

Dear Standard:


So, I'm home everybody. Loaded on oxycododone and ready to relax. I've got to go get the car later on. They went ahead and did the other Achilles surgery while I was there and I didn't realize it until I stood up. I was conscious through the whole procedure - the amputation and the Achilles lengthening. They numbed my ankle and then gave me more pain medicine to do the Achilles. That hurl like all hell. But it's all over. It's all done.

I thank God for giving me the strength to get through this. Standard, I don't know what I would have done without your support. I mean, I don't know what consists of resists of reality and fantasy, but I know that your ability to calm me down and make it so that I didn't scream the top of my head off was a huge comfort. After the surgery, I was delirious, but I thought about Richard a lot. I didn't hear from him that afternoon. I wish I could have heard him voice. I miss him so much. I don't have that much of a choice to layoff of the pain meds until Paul takes me to get my car (God bless good neighbors) and Akaiylyn is passed out on the couch. But I thought you deserved an update: I have two Achilles lengthening, an amputatated second toe and I'm in good spirits! Comment if you can…….

No comments:

Post a Comment